I hesitated to even name this post - type those words - say it out loud....but knock on wood, cross your fingers & toes, and say a few Hail Marys because I think this whole "2 Kids Under 2" gig is getting easier.
Finally.
Don't get me wrong; there are days I still wanna pull my hair out.
I swear a lot.
I scream incoherently at my Hubs about how ICANNEVERGETANYTHINGACCOMPLISHED..... NOTONESINGLEFREAKINGTHING!!!!!
But then I maybe have a beer and chill out. Or take a hot shower and a deep breath.
What's been helping? I throw the babies in the double stroller and go walking as often as I can. The fresh air and exercise (for me) does us ALL good.
Also, Joey's giving me longer stretches of sleep at night and for the most part, sleeping through the night. Not every night, but I'll take it. Sleep = Sanity. Plain and simple.
![]() |
| I could just EAT HIS CHUBBY LITTLE FACE, Gah!! |
![]() |
| Fell asleep in her high chair....I guess we are all tired around here! |
I've also had a babysitter, whom I heart - AND trust - come in once a week or so, so that I can get out of the house ALONE and run some errands.
We've had Grandma babysit a few times so the Hubs and I can get out for a date night or afternoon here and there.
I've lowered my expectations of what I can and cannot get done and just have to accept that.
But I've been waiting for this period of time - where I have more good days in the week than bad, where I can say "I think I can handle this now!" Where the Hubs isn't afraid to come home from work, lol ; )
I hope I don't have to eat my words tomorrow, lol!

.jpg)



Expectations!! Why are we so hard on ourselves? I mean im sure our hubbs would like to come home to a meraculously clean house and dinner ready every night! Dinner was the hardest thing for me back when mine were 2 under 2, we definetly had take our a lot and I through in some chicken nuggets for big sister. Thats awesome you have a baby sitter come in during the week.
ReplyDeleteit sounds like you have made it through the toughest part! good work! and joey already sleeping through the night? i think the blog world needs to know your secrets!
ReplyDeleteTammy,
ReplyDeleteYou've got to go easier on yourself. Let the house go a bit b/c it does. not. matter. Your babies are little ONCE! I think if you'll put your family on a schedule that includes a sitter on a certain day and time and schedule everything else too, you'll get more done. But don't fret over it and don't let it overwhelm you. Your primary job is the babes. : ) But keep sane. Get yourself out of the house and do something that if for YOU once a week, same time every week and it'll become habit, part of your schedule and you'll look forward to it every single week!
I've been a fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants gal and I'm beginning to understand why I feel so overwhelmed. Without a schedule and structure to my days...I'm out of control b/c I don't know what to do and when to do it because I feel like there is sooooo much to do. Put it on paper and prioritize.
But remember this...
YOU ARE AWESOME!!! I can see that in the short amount of time I've been following your blog. YOU ARE AWESOME!
-Tammy
Hey tammy-
ReplyDeleteYour good old sister-in-law i'm jealous you HAVE someone come once a week to get out of the house. I get that maybe once to twice a month. But, just maybe now that connie is moving here maybe i will be able to.......... i will switch morgan for shiayne you will go insane she is a mouthy lil thing!! Cant wait to meet joey and see morgan again. Love you all!!!!