18 January 2013

Friday Randomness

Clever post title.  I know.  

Not much exciting happening, but maybe that's a good thing.  The babes are mostly healthy again and life is good.  So here is another post of my kids - you can bet Morgan will be in the kitchen, sippy cup in hand for most of them from here on out.  And Joey will be corralled by some sort of device whether it be walker or car seat.

Daddy is concerned about Joey's Dora time.  He wants me to go out and buy him some balls and trucks, stat. Haha!
 Morgan is repeating EVERYTHING we say to her now.  At almost 23 months, she can say pretty much any word we throw at her.  It's such a fun stage!  She is also very curious, asking "What's That?" all.the.time.      She is starting to use words appropriately and putting 2-3 words together very well now.
Removing her shirt for pasta last night was the best decision I've made all week.
 Examples of things she is saying "Mama, Hold You?" (She wants me to hold her.  Last night I was messing around and told her to sit on the couch so she could hold me.  I tried to sit on her lap, but she just laughed and pushed me off, lol!)

"Aw, Dora!"  "No Elmo!"  (I don't know what that's all about, but it sure is funny to listen to!)
"Dora Shirt" "Me Monkey?" "More Juice Tee-Too (thank you)", "Mama Car Bye Bye?" And the cutest right now has to be hearing her say her own name.  "Mo-keen".  When I ask her what my name is she just says "Name".  I guess there are a lot worse things she could be calling me, lol.
Anytime I pull out my phone now, she orders her picture taken by saying "Mama, DEEEEESE!"
Also, I'm not sure she always knows what she is saying.  Last weekend, I asked her if Daddy made her breakfast and she said "Yesss."  I asked "What did he make you to eat?"  She said "Eggs and Tose"  So I asked the Hubs (because he often does make her scrambled eggs when he's off) and he laughed and said "No, but I gave her Cheerios."  Ha, silly girl!

The past couple of days she's really interacting with Joey more and more finally.  When he's in his walker, she'll come up to him and bring him toys.  Which he promptly knocks to the floor.  She picks them back up, laughing the whole time and they repeat this process several times.  It's so darn cute to see the two of them playing together.
This guy makes a good shopping buddy at Hobby Lobby.  But I only get a short window of opportunity.  Typical man.

In her Monkey Valentine outfit for school this morning.

I could eat him up.  Seriously.
This weekend the Hubs is working so we likely won't see him.  I have plans to take the kids to a library event where they have story time and some crafts.  These things always sound like a good idea, I just hope I actually go through with it.  But when it's cold outside, we're all in our jammies and Joey is always falling asleep on me, it's sometimes so easy to just say "Ah, we'll just stay home today."  It's wonderful to have that option, but I find myself doing it way too often.  And then every day looks the same and I get frustrated.

Also, Joey, at almost 7 months, is in that in-between stage where he's WAY too heavy to be carried around in his car seat anymore, but not stable enough to sit up on his own quite yet, so I have trouble when we go places.  I usually do end up leaving him in his car seat but it's killing my back.  Our Baby Bjorn also hurts my back after about 10 minutes because he's not small!

I've been working out and am down a total of 5 pounds, but that seems to fluctuate by the day by a solid +/- 2 pounds.  Thank you water weight.  I'm going to try to find 2 more new healthy recipes to try.  I figure 2 is doable ; )  But I need a new series to get into... we finished season 1 of American Horror Story and I don't think season 2 is out on Netflix yet.  So if anyone has any good/addicting recommendations, I need something to get me through my elliptical workouts!

And I know I just got a pair of new workout shoes - but truth be told, they aren't very comfy. I have to break them in more, definitely.  They are cross-trainers too, so they are harder for more support.  But I keep daydreaming about these little beauties, which are super soft, flexible, and light as air:
{VIA}
Pretty sure the Hubs shot that down in a hurry, lol.  He's all "Let's talk about our budget" and I'm all "Let's go shoe shopping and buy another double stroller", haha!  
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Joeys eyes and eyelashes make a girl jealous!!! :) He is such a cutie!! And I love all the ways she pronounces things! What a fun age :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We always take Kyla's shirt off for spaghetti and lasagna. And then she usually goes straight to the bath!

    I wish Kyla was saying more. I will ask her to say something and she just smiles or laughs. She babbles all day, but won't say things when I ask her to. I hope this isn't a preview of our teenage days.

    Good job on the weight loss! I still want to lose 10-12 more, but really need to get back on track. I'm in a major funk. Can you just move to WI so our kids can be best friends and we can have mom dates? Ok, thanks :)

    Have a good weekend! Hope it goes fast with the hubs away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. junker says thank you the same way.

    while on the topic of spending money you should look into an ergo for Joey. It has multiple ways to hold him and distributes the weight well. A carrier or sling was my survival for 2 under 2. The sling is not a good choice for heavier babies though

    ReplyDelete
  4. Homeland! And if the hubs has time to watch, he will be into it as well. Can you please pass me some of your workout motivation this spring?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I used to have a bjorn to, and it made my back hurt every time I used it. I found an Ergo on clearance at Target and haven't had any back problems since I started using it. It distributes the weight really well and has multiple ways to wear it.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!