Was nothing too exciting. With Daddy working all weekend, and late at that, we barely saw him :( I know it's breaking his heart that Morgan won't go to him, or when she just cries for Mama when he wants a hug. It's just a phase, but I know how hard it must be for him.
Anywhoo....the 3 of us managed to survive. It was cold and crappy out (don't you just love January too?!) so we mostly stayed inside.
Morgan and I whipped up these no-bake Energy Bites and they were SO easy and OMG SO GOOD! I'd had them on my Pinterest "EATS" board for a long time and finally got everything to make them. Fun, fast, and easy!
My sitter was free so I went to the grocery store (exciting!) and to Pilates on Saturday...I started 9 weeks ago and have stuck with it! So I rewarded myself with a new pair of workout shoes. Which Morgan has claimed as her own.
As I was cleaning up a bit in Joey's room on Saturday afternoon, I noticed the light was so pretty in there. Late afternoon winter natural light is gorgeous. So I started snapping away with my iPhone because someone was in the mood to have her picture taken! She was also in the mood to play around in Baby Brother's crib.
.JPG) |
| "DEEEEEES MAMA!" |
Speaking of Joey's room...the Hubs has been on me saying we need to "Man UP" in there. He thinks it needs to look more masculine. I tried to keep it gender neutral but it is a little feminine looking and kinda boring. So plans are underway ; ) Stay tuned. It's going to be a bigger undertaking than what
I wanted to do, but it will be good in the end.
.JPG) |
| One of the few pics of this little boy AWAKE. He slept most of the weekend! |
.JPG) |
| My little reader. She LOOOOOVES books and will often just go off alone to read. I love this and try to nourish her love for books as much as possible. |
.JPG) |
| Giving kisses. |
It's funny - people often ask me how Morgan is with Joey. For the most part? She doesn't like him. She mostly sees him as a thief of Mama's attention. But I have noticed her becoming more affectionate with him. She'll ask about him when he's in bed and she'll go up to him in his jumparoo and talk to him. It's a start!
.JPG) |
| He's passed out again. |
 |
| My little sweetheart |
I keep asking myself "Is it Summer yet?" On a less depressing note, it's supposed to get up to 60 at the end of the week here!! Rain is expected, but I'll take it!!
And lastly, I was pretty excited last night that Downton Abbey is back on for Season 3! And the Hubs has me hooked on a new show: American Horror Story. We've been sneaking down in the basement after the kids are in bed and watching it IN THE DARK. Should be a good way to get through winter. He walks on his treadmill and I am getting an elliptical machine to workout on so we don't just sit around getting fluffy ; )
Hope you all have a great week!
Gorgeous as always! Im so jealous that you are doing pilates....I wish I could fit that in somewhere! and also, Ive been dying to try those no bake thingys!
ReplyDeleteGreat recap! And do I spy make up on in a picture taken when your hubs wasn't due home and you were home with the kiddos? Good girl! I don't always getting around to it but when I get some make up on - even to stay home - I do feel much better :) LOVE the pic of M kissing J, so sweet! They are both so adorable. Can't wait to try your protein bites, they look delish!!
ReplyDelete