27 November 2013

Mama Style

So, we have this little Holiday Party next week for the Department of Surgery.  The invitation states "Festive Attire".  I'm not sure what that means, but I'm having fun looking for a dress.  These hospital parties are the adult version of prom, so it's fun to get all gussied up once a year.  The party we normally love to attend (at the hotel where we were married) is being held while we're out of town - I was so bummed.  But considering I'm going to be on a beach with a beverage in hand, I'm sure I'll get over it real quick ;-)

Here are few of my favorites (they're all from Nordstroms...sorry for no links, kids are napping and I have about 30 seconds to pound this out).

When I saw this dress thanks to one of my favorite bad influences in blogland, I knew I needed to try it on.  I ordered it from Nordy's and took advantage of their free shipping.  It fits great - very flattering - and I can maintain my dignity up top if you KWIM.  The only problem is, I worry it may look a little Atlantic City Tartlet in person?  Maybe it's the satin?  With jewelry, I feel like it could get too over the top, fast.

 So then I saw this online...and I love me a one-shoulder dress.  I think it looks a little more conservative and classy, but haven't tried it on yet:
Wouldn't need a necklace!  But maybe a bracelet & some earrings...
 I'm not 100% set on red, and came across these pretties too:
I thought this one was festive.  However, the husband hates lace.  Like, HATES it.  So this one may be out, because let's be honest, I want to look good for him.

Right now I'm leaning toward #2 if it fits decent.  And then there's the whole shoes/jewelry part.  And hair.  And makeup.  OMG I'm 17 again.  The last two actually remind me of my Senior Prom dress, ha!

So heeellllp - what do you like?
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. You're the SWEETEST!!! I love #1 and #2! You will be festive and classy in either. Definitely not vampy. I would do a nude heel, sparkly earrings and a few stacked bracelets and you're set!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tips, I knew I could count on you ;-)

      Delete
  2. Love the first one - it's so festive, and just gorgeous. You could totally pull it off! If you do that one, just pull your hair back into a sleek chignon and keep the jewelry simple with some sparkly studs and a chunky bracelet or two.

    I also like the sheer, cap-sleeved one, but it's definitely not quite as festive as the red! You will look gorgeous in any of them. Keep us updated on what you choose - and you better snap some photos!!! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestions! Totally agree, but I just needed to visualize it. I will post pics!

      Delete
  3. My favs are 2 and 3! I think with number 3 you could wear it on a lot more occasions then red....or at least that is the way I would think! I hardly ever buy dresses anymore because I barely wear them. Have you looked at Rent the Runway? My go to for all wedding dresses....awesome quality, wear it and look fabulous and return it. Easy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS - do you know where you trip is yet?! I am going to be living through you!

      Delete
    2. I totally forgot about RTR! Thanks! I STILL don't know where our trip is...it's coming soon too! Can't wait, it's gonna be short & sweet (and I better be WARM, no make that HOT and get away from this cold for a minute!)

      Delete
  4. I was totally going to say the lace one, but I agree, if he hates it then whats the point!!! So i say 2!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!