Morgan had a fantastic 9 Month Well Check today... She now weighs 17.4 pounds (I overstimated a bit at 18 pounds) and is in the 25th percentile. Yay Mo! Her doctor was THRILLED with her growth!! Her head is gigantic (aren't all babies' heads big, lol?) and her gross motor skills are on target.
Her fine motor skills are something we will continue to work on. I suspected she might be slightly behind because she has not developed her pincer grasp yet and rather than pick up her food to feed herself -- she will stick her head out and open her mouth as if to say "Feed me. I'm ready!" So we'll work on that. Her doc said he's not worried until she hits 1 year old, then we might have to get an OT on board.
So here we are BEFORE her flu shot, final round of Hep B and the finger stick they do to check her hemoglobin level (which was fine). She was not happy about being undressed, but my girl was all smiles as usual:
![]() |
| I love how she smiles now anytime I whip out the camera....little cheeser |
And speaking of shots that are necessary evils, our insurance company DENIED her approval to get the Synagis vaccines, which helps build antibodies to RSV. If Morgan were to get RSV, it could easily land her in the hospital -- it's very serious for babies, especially those born prematurely. So her Ped and I are working on an appeal because each shot is $1500 and she'll need one a month through the end of the RSV season (sometime around March-April). Yowza.
In other news, when I described what's been happening occasionally at night (when Morgan wakes up screaming & is unconsolable for 20-30 minutes and then goes back to sleep), the doctor suggested she may have night terrors. Yikes! It's funny because she doesn't really seem to wake up or notice us when we are trying to comfort her. And it's only happened a few times...so hopefully it's just a phase.
We got the green light to start meats. Her diet is about to get a whole lot more exciting, ha ha!
It's so weird to think that as long as she stays healthy (big prayers!) the next time we will see Dr. H is at her ONE YEAR appointment. Time is flying by WAY too fast for this suddenly sentimental mama!




0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!