24 November 2011

Thankful this Thanksgiving for....

This little turkey, plus one more on the way!  That's right, Baby Kremer 2.0 due in June 2012.

I've been trying reaaaallllly hard to keep this in for long enough as I've known for nearly a month now...

I thought SOMETHING was up...my skin was a nightmare and I kept getting so dizzy and lightheaded to the point of nearly passing out.

I kept thinking in the back of my mind "Could I be pregnant?"  Nah.  No way....could I be?  

So was this planned?  Sort of.  We had TALKED about STARTING to try.  I felt like I now have a good handle on things at home with Morgan and amnesia had officially set in a while ago from my first near-death birth experience.  We were thinking it would take a few months to conceive.  But......as my husband corrected me "All I had to do was walk into the room." 

Holy Fertile Mertile. 

Again, I do not take this for granted because I know some people really struggle with conceiving.  I thank God that we are so blessed.  I know in my heart I want more children and if this is God's plan for me, then so be it.

I saw my OB this week and as suspected, I will be very closely monitored this time around.  I will also be taking a baby aspirin daily.  My chances for recurrent Pre-Ecclampsia are 1 in 3.  Higher than I'd like, but it is what it is.  My chances for recurring HELLP Syndrome are roughly 10%.  I'm praying these odds are in my favor and am going into this cautiously optimistic.

So my babies will be 17 months apart.  I'm totally excited and terrified....EEEEEK!!!  I've had some pretty awful nausea these past few weeks, so between dealing with that, the tiredness that comes along with growing a human and chasing my 9-month old human around....I'm kinda tired out, lol.  But SO SO grateful!

I'm also thankful for my hardworking husband -- and his job.  Because of him, I am able to stay home with Morgan and give her my undivided attention and not miss a thing with her.  I am also thankful for our health - we've all remained in good health and I feel like we've dodged some big bullets there.

I'm thankful that I hit the jackpot marrying into my husband's family.  They are my family and have been there for me  when I needed them (or have been too chicken to ask).  I'm thankful for my family back home in MN that I miss dearly, but am still able to talk to at least one of them every single day.

So many blessings!

1 comments:

  1. What an exciting Thanksgiving...so glad your OB appt went well this week. Morgan is going to be a great big sister and what a gift to have them close in age!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!