29 January 2012

Nursery Progress for Baby #2

We were busy all weekend getting the office cleaned out in preparation for the new nursery furniture to be delivered.  We were not planning it this way...when we bought it all, we were told we had 30 days to take delivery.  So we thought we had plenty of time to clean out what had become a catch-all junk room, AKA, my husband's office. 

WRONG.  Pottery Barn insisted that we had to take delivery by the end of the month because it was the end of their fiscal quarter. 

So the Hubs got busy (I helped with what I could) and his cousin came over to help with the heavy lifting.  In 2 1/2 days we had it all cleaned out.  Whew!

Here's the before - and for the record, I am not allowed in there to "mess with his stuff" or clean, lol!  But I do throw lots of junk in there that wouldn't otherwise have a home (clearly!). 

WARNING: This is the kind of room people close the door to when they have company.  It's THAT bad.

I don't know why all the carpet in our house seems to need restretching already. 



Here's the after, with new furniture in - we have some re-arranging to do and still need to find a rocking chair:



Grrr....bright white crib.  Don't worry, the diplomas are all coming down, lol.
I love it and am thrilled with our decision to go with the off-white set, in contrast with Morgan's dark wood set.  It's like the best of both worlds.  What I am not thrilled with?  The crib is pretty bright white.  The rest of the furniture is more of an antique off-white look and with all the light that comes in that room, it's definitely noticeable.

I am now 100% certain I want to paint the walls.  We've gone back & forth because we were told the faux finish was expensive and time-consuming.  The decorator also had put in custom window treatments to match.  At first we thought it would be best to leave it, for resale.  But what buyer will ever know it once looked like this?  And painting has got to be the easiest thing in the world to change...  And now?  That faux finish stresses me out everytime I look at it -- I can't explain it.  It just doesn't feel like "us" or like it belongs in our house.  I'm not saying the room has to scream "BABY!" but it cannot scream "OLD LADY!" either ; )

I want something calm & serene, yet neutral.  Simple.  I am LOVING this:
{Via}
Surprisingly, the Hubs is on board with my desire to paint (he wasn't always).  But now he's laying conditions on it.  Such as "You can paint this room ONLY if you get the paint matched from the dressers to the crib and paint that FIRST."  Boo.  He knows how to motivate me, lol!

I probably won't do a big reveal until the room is finished.  I feel way ahead of the game this time!  Well for now, anyways ; )

3 comments:

  1. omg i LOVE the furniture, and i love the picture of what you would like... its absolutely perfect

    ReplyDelete
  2. The furniture is gorgeous! Your nursery is going to look so great. Can't wait for the big reveal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the furniture! I can't wait to see what you come up with in the end!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!