Everything looked good at my OB appointment today. Or I should say sounded good -- we listened to the heartbeat on doppler: Good, strong, and fast ; ) I love hearing it every time, though I have to remind myself right at first that a fast heartbeat is OK. The nurse in me, taking care of an adult patient population the last few years, always freaks a little, ha ha.
They drew my Penta screen labs today....the one that looks at the odds for neural tube defects/spina bifida/Downs Syndrome, etc. I won't know the results til Monday. While it's on my mind, I'm much more laid back about it this time than I was my first pregnancy. I mean, what am I gonna do about it anyway?
My weight is unchanged. My dr. said he's not worried just yet, we talked about my appetite, which hasn't been the greatest, but I swear I'm eating! He said if this continues we will have to address some supplemental Boost or Ensure. Um, no thanks. Perhaps I'll take it upon myself to start drinking real milkshakes? Much better idea I think!
I asked him if he had any upcoming vacations I should know about and pre-approve. He told me when and where and I OK'd them ; ) SERIOUSLY. He was on vacation in Mexico a mere 12 hours before I unexpectedly had to deliver Morgan, I have to ask these things!
We addressed my BP issues and I suggested going on a lower dose of my current medication, as opposed to going off it completely. He agreed to this. I'm sure he is starting to think I'm a bossy naggy patient. At least I'm compliant, lol!
Next appointment: The big ultrasound! Anatomy scan and Gender Identification. He already knew we want to keep it a surprise though.
On to other randomness....
I sometimes wonder if I'm the only parent in America that doesn't have any DVD's for my child. I mean, not a SINGLE ONE. She's 11 months old, is that weird? I'm not OPPOSED to it, I just never got around to buying any. Until Christmas time, there was a Groupon or Eversave for a set of Baby Genius DVD's. I thought I was really smart and ordered them at the BEGINNING of December. They arrived TODAY. January 18. Better late than never I guess. Morgan, so far, is LOVING them!!
| Loving the Baby Einstein DVDs |
![]() |
| Specifically the Leopard print ones...in a size 7. |
I love you J. Crew, really I do. But no way, NO HOW, will I ever pay $150 for that. Now that I think about it, I never wear big necklaces any more because of little Miss Grabby Hands.
I'm so over finding cute outfit ideas on Pinterest, only to be led to a site where the item is sold out. Or worse yet, was from 2 years ago. So disappointing!
I'm avoiding going to the dentist for my teeth cleaning. There, I confessed. If you want more truth, I need a babysitter. Going to the dentist isn't reason enough to motivate me to find one, lol!
Lately, Morgan is obsessed with photos and pictures, especially of herself and Mommy & Daddy. She entertains herself for long spells of time playing with them:
I better run....my little explorere just crawled into her bedroom and shut her bedroom door behind her. She is always up to no good, lol!





0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!