I was surprised to hear him say "No change". Huh??
He did say Baby had dropped down more. And my blood pressure was way too high, so we'll be restarting my blood pressure meds lightly. But I was still dilated the same (2cm) and still 80% effaced. How can that be? Every night for the past few nights I have been having horrendous contractions that keep me up for a couple of hours. Last night I even started timing them -- they were 5 minutes apart and about a minute and a half to two minutes long. It was not fun. This went on for almost 2 solid hours. During this time, I got up, drank a bunch of water and decided to bury myself in a book for a distraction from the discomfort. They eventually subsided enough that I could go back to sleep comfortably. I was so close to calling L&D to see if I should come in, but they didn't get worse or more frequent, so I tried to wait it out.
I feel like I don't know what my body is doing. I asked what the game plan is and he said "There isn't one." Ouch.
I know staying inside is what's best for baby. I know that a lot of brain development is continuing right now, the lungs are still maturing, and Baby is bulking up.
But I have to admit -- I was a little disappointed to hear this could go on indefinitely. The strict bed rest, trying to arrange helpers, who I'm sure had no hesitation about helping a few days this week. They didn't sign up for a month of this though. Not to mention the physical discomfort. I can't imagine being in labor for a month.
So I need a new mental game plan to figure out how to keep my sanity and keep this baby inside as long as possible. I will see my doctor again in one week for a recheck. I am supposed to call if the contractions and pain get worse/more frequent, there is any blood, or my water breaks.
Oh, and sorta funny, I was asking him for clarification of what I could do around the house besides rotate from the bed to the chair to the couch. He asked me "What is it EXACTLY that you're wanting to do?" I said "I dunno....like maybe make a short little Target run for a couple things?" He laughed and said "HECK NO!! You can go to www.target.com and they will ship free if the order is over $50!" What can I say...I like to push the limits ; )
In the mean time, I have some very sweet friends coming over for lunch tomorrow and this weekend the Hubs is off. It's supposed to be HOT outside, so maybe we can sit outside and relax with a cold fruity mocktail.

23 May 2012
Dr. Appointment Today
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Wife. Mom. RN. Lover of sparkly things.
Follow Me on Instagram: tkremer
My Heart
POPULAR POSTS
-
I'm really trying to make an effort this year for Valentines Day. Morgan is just starting to get really into doing things with me, like...
-
I affectionately dubbed the new house "Cliffgate" the first time we drove up the long, mountainous driveway, and the name stuck. ...
-
I bought new dish soap shortly after we moved into our new house - Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Lavender, to be exact. I thought "If the...
-
Linking up with Shannon at Life After I Dew for another beloved So What Wednesday! This week, I'm saying So What: If I miss preg...
-
As I continue to grow this precious little bebe inside me, I decided to get on the ball and get some photographs of the nursery taken. Ther...
-
My baby boy is 6 months and some change old. He is an absolute delight . Sleeping through the night; smiling every waking hour (for the m...
-
This is a very sensitive time for me as Morgan came at 31 weeks, 3 days. As in, TOMORROW MORNING. We were not prepared and it was a very...
-
I sent my trainer/friend/cousin's-wife-by-marriage (got all that?) these pictures via text with a message saying " I need to look ...
-
Ever have those times where there's just so much going on inside your head? Ideas, to-do lists, deadlines... I get all fired up and ge...
-
'Tis the eve of my birthday and as posted on Facebook....all I want is to sleep in tomorrow morning, lol. OK, that's not all I want...
BLOG ARCHIVES
-
▼
2012
(179)
-
▼
May
(21)
- 35 Weeks & Dr. Appt.
- The Pregnancy Made Me Do It & Confessions
- Little Baby Who Will You Be?
- High Five for Friday
- Dr. Appointment Today
- Who's Well Rested??
- Still Incubating
- It's gonna be a loooong weekend
- Update
- No.....Not Yet!
- Weekend Recap
- Happy Mother's Day Mom
- High Five for Friday
- Thursday Randoms
- On this day 2 years ago...
- a new look
- our weekend
- 32 Weeks Bumpdate
- Thursday Randoms
- The Pregnancy Made Me Do It
- Big steps and small changes
-
▼
May
(21)
Claire is Born
Joey is Born
Morgan is born
Our Wedding



Awesome news for the little ones growth/development but hard for mama! Just keep reminding yourself of the sacrifices you are making for that sweet little one. And try to remember all of those days and nights in the NICU...you would rather be at home with your sweet little one. So glad to hear your body is keeping your munchkin safe!
ReplyDeleteHooray for answered prayers! A week down already - baby has already grown so much this week from your following dr's directions. I'm sure it's SO difficult to lay low - but the mocktails sound delightful!
ReplyDeleteGlad baby is staying in, but so sorry you're having to deal with the unknown and waiting. Thank goodness for online shopping haha!
ReplyDeleteI've been absent from the blog world for a week or so and when I saw all your news I had to send a message! I'm keeping you in my thoughts and prayers! Sounds like you've had a crazy time with the end of your pregnancy but it's all gonna be so worth it when you see that little face. Hang in there!
ReplyDeleteYou doctor sounds hilarious to me!
ReplyDeleteBut I know that your upset that you aren't having the baby yet. At the same time, the longer the baby is in, the better it is for both of you!
Just enjoy anamazing weekend with people that love you and take it one day at a time. :-)
Love ya girl! Xoxoxo