25 May 2012

High Five for Friday


Yay for Friday!  Yay for a 3-Day Weekend.  Yes, SAHM's love them too ; )

Linking up again with Lauren @ From My Grey Desk.  Let's do this.

Here are my 5 Favorite Things from this past week:

1.  My sweet friends Dahlia & Hafzah came to visit me yesterday and brought me lunch from the Cheesecake Factory.  We had a great time catching up, and for a while I forgot I was confined to my house and it felt just like I was entertaining friends again.  Oh, AND they brought me this:

Chloe perfume gift set.
 I may be sitting around in tank tops and yoga pants 24/7, but putting on fancy perfume is a sure way to put me in a better mood!

2.  This lil' nugget went shopping with her Nana and got fitted for some shoes at Stride Rite.  This was on my to-do list, but I don't foresee getting it done anytime soon, so Nana was happy to take her.
 She thought she was pretty neat stuff in her new kicks!
I just can't get over how big and grown she looks every day.  I am sure once her new baby brother or sister arrives, she will seem like a giant!  I had been always buying cute, inexpensive shoes at Target & Old Navy, but never could figure out what size she truly is.  I figured I'd get one decent pair now, and the sales lady said you can expect her to go up a size every 3 months.  Hmmm, that could prove expensive!

Miss Morgan has also been exploding her vocabulary the last few days.  She went from 2 words (Da Da and Nana) and is now saying "Bay-beee" (baby), "Wow", "Green", "cheese", and I think I've heard a few "Mama"s in there.  She also will imitate, in babble, everything I say!  This age is SO fun!  There is literally something new she is doing or saying every day!

I was sitting on the couch (when am I not?, lol!) today, talking to my MIL.  I was nodding my head in agreement as she told me something and I looked down at Morgan, who had toddled up to me and was holding onto my leg.  She was watching my face very carefully, nodding along with me and moving her mouth like I was...it was SO cute!  I better be careful of what I say and my mannerisms now that little eyes are watching!!

3.  The Pie Lady visited my husband this week.  She is a patient of his and I don't know if I've blogged about her God-given talent before, but her pies?  Are a life-changing experience.  FOR REAL.  Now I could take or leave Pecan Pie.  But this...oh this.....is HEAVEN in your mouth.  And that is no exaggeration!  What is it about sugar + fat + pecans???

Heaven     
4.  Speaking of food, we've got food coming out our ears here.  I know, First World problems, right?  But seriously, I should probably stop eating every night until my belly hurts.  It's just not right.  It's all SO good though ; )

5.  And lastly, I am 34 weeks today.  I don't even know what that means anymore, except my belly is HUGE....but here is a horrible cell phone pic, doctored up with PicMonkey (my new obsession):


The contractions seem to have eased up.  I am still having a few a day, and particularly at night, but nothing like they were.  Still taking the Procardia.  My hips and back and behind are so sore from sitting/laying all the time.  I've also been having a 2-3 hour bout of insomnia every night, so I get up, go sit in the new baby's room in the new glider rocker & ottoman and read til I get sleepy.  I also have my routine snack of Dark Choco Almond Milk and a few graham crackers.  Because I'm a 4 year old, ha!

I'll be honest here...I needed this list of 5 happy things to remind me to quit pouting.  I am losing my mind here to bedrest.  I just wish there was an end in sight.  And I'm not referring to the 6/29 end date either.

Hope you all have a fantastic Memorial Day Weekend!  The Hubs is off work and it's supposed to be in the MID 90's all weekend!  I hope to at least soak up a little sunshine!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. You made it to 34 weeks! Woohoo!!! Just 3 more weeks...you can do it!!! You are doing a fabulous job keeping that little one put! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What nice friends bringing you that gift! I hope your totally wearing it with those yoga pants on, rock it girl!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know that you are thankful and miserable at the same time. I hope that you have an amazing weekend! Don't forget that we will be getting another guest post on my blog when the nursery is finished! I may be texting you soon! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!