Just wanted to update that I am still perched upon my lily pad, incubating this baby ; )
Not much new to report; still having contractions, still taking the Procardia every 5 hours (6 is too long between doses and apparently I cannot tolerate taking it every 4 hours, so 5 it is). Still drinking tons and tons of water. I'm feeling more pressure "down there" and someone commented it looks like the baby's dropped even more, so I wouldn't be surprised if I've progressed a little more. I've had someone here at all times so they keep any eye on me if I'm up moving around too much. It's hard to stay down!!
 |
| Definite perk: Bowls of fresh cut up fruit brought to me while researching double strollers online |
 |
| Sharing Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream w Morgan....She was a BIG fan ; ) I had to keep easing her off my belly though. I miss just grabbing her and snuggling her tight! |
We also went -- just for a short while -- to my MIL's graduation party
on Sunday, which was held at a local restaurant just down the street
from our house. SSHHH...don't tell my doctor! I just couldn't bear to miss the celebration for
something she worked so hard for! I was good and behaved. Normally I would be a social butterfly and flit around talking to everyone, but on this day, the Hubs
dropped me off at the door and I sat down immediately, not moving except
one bathroom break. I made sure to lie down both before and after and
drink plenty of water. It was nice to socialize a bit and get out of
the house!! Plus...there were cake balls!!
 |
| Our little family of 3 about to go to Nana's Party |
We've tried to change up the scenery by going outside - I have a sun
chair that I can extend so that I am always in a reclined position with
my feet up. I had set up a water splash table for Morgan to play on
last week before I went into the hospital and she is loving it!
(Ironically I set this up
the day I went into the hospital, I
remember being very frustrated bc it was hot, my belly was hurting, and I
couldn't get the hose screwed back on from being off all winter, ha!)
 |
| Runaway baby outside |
 |
| Didn't take her long to figure out the toys in the splash table |
 |
| More cuteness |
 |
| I could look at my sweet girl all day long, gosh I love her! |
Morgan is handling this so well; it helps that everyone who has been helping us is family and adores her to pieces, so she's gotten 100% attention. I think it also helps that her routine hasn't been disrupted, and that is huge for a toddler.
The hard part is, I feel just fine...I don't feel like I should be so....disabled? Is that the right word? But I know I have to continue to take it easy. It's a frustrating and uncertain time, but when I say it out loud, I feel absolutely silly -- I have the local MOMS Club I joined offering to bring some meals, family/in-laws that have not hesitated to jump right in and do EVERYTHING I need, and even the stuff I am too chicken to ask for, and a healthy baby still growing inside me and not struggling in the NICU. I guess the hardest part of all right now is not knowing when the end is in sight.
I thought I had a schedule of helpers all worked out for the week, but there have been a few kinks that have come up last minute. People have lives, jobs, kids, etc. and stuff comes up. So I am just staying flexible, taking it one day at a time, and continuing to thank my lucky stars -- and God above -- that I have help at all!
Be thankful that you are at HOME! :)) I was put on bed rest in the hospital at 34 weeks from preclampsia. :/ How many more weeks do you have to go? :)
ReplyDeleteOh, I am SO thankful I'm home...I did 2 1/2 days in the hospital last week and was going nuts. I spent 7 days in the hospital w/my first baby (due to Pre-E and HELLP) and that was pushing me over the edge, I can't imagine being there longer! How long did you have to stay in?
DeleteOhh girl! Somehow I missed all of this, I had no idea you were put on bed rest! How many more weeks to go? What a great community of friends and family to help out, thats just amzing! I will be having you on my mind until I see pictures of that baby!!! Stay strong lady!
ReplyDeleteI'm 33.5 weeks right now...my Dr. said they'd probably deliver me at 34 wks if labor was still progressing, so hopefully the end of this week. Thanks for thinking of me!
DeleteSo glad you have lots of helpers taking care of you and Morgan. I know what you mean about bed rest... I had pre-e with Gracie and was supposed to be on bed rest, but I felt fine so it was just awful! I can only imagine it's 100x worse with a toddler.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad that things seem to be going fairly smoothly for you guys right now! Having family and friends there to help you really makes a huge difference! I hope all is still going well! I'm catching up on your blog this morning! :-)
ReplyDelete