22 May 2012

Who's Well Rested??

This Girl.  Yah, I know, I have it real rough 'round these parts ; )  I'm antsy.  It could have something to do with the fact that I'm seeing my OB in the morning at 9am for another check.  I hope to have an action plan in place and a better idea of when this baby is coming at that point.

Ideally?  I'd stay pregnant for another 3+ weeks, but I don't think it's going to pan out that way.  I've had several signs the past few days that indicate otherwise (without going into too much graphic detail).

There are only so many outcomes after tomorrow's appointment, but I predict one of three:
1.  I haven't progressed much, if at all, and will be sent back home on continued bed rest.
2.  I have progressed, but not enough to deliver.  Enough to admit me to the hospital to keep me on bed rest and close observation so they can do the c-section relatively soonish.  (Boo to this one, I'd much rather be in the comfort of my own home and able to be with my baby girl all day!)
3.  I have progressed and this baby's coming and we need to do the c-section asap.

There's a lot of gray area in the OB field (to me anyway)...a lot of "wait and see".  I know my doctor cannot act unless labor is imminent, as that would constitute medical malpractice.

But deep down inside.... You know, the overly emotional, hormonal pregnant part of me?  I'm getting SO excited to meet this little person who has been squirming around in my belly.  And since we don't know the gender, the anticipation is killing me this time around!!  And who will he or she look like?

I have come to a place of accepting whatever lies ahead, so long as my baby is healthy. As the old saying goes, "Let Go and Let God."  It's been a week since I first went into the hospital and I will say it's been rough on everyone.  But probably mostly on the Hubs.  He's pulling double duty with his work obligations and then coming home and playing Mr. Mom (or Dr. Mom as I called him tonight, lol) every night.  I know it's wearing on him and even though I try to remember to thank him and not bark orders, I don't know how to convey just how much I appreciate him.

After working all day, then taking my new SUV to the dealership (about 20 miles away) to have some things installed (with Morgan in tow), he then went and picked up my glider rocker and ottoman (about 15 miles in the opposite direction!)  and made a grocery store run.  And?  Brought me these, which I have been craving for 2 weeks now, haha!!

As posted on my FB status:  "It's quite possible I have never been more in love with my husband than I am right now."
 And a scene from our day:  Morgan's Great Grandma (my Hubs's Grandma) came for a shift.  We are so thankful!!!
   
Morgan's happy whenever someone will "walk" her around!!
And yes, that would be my packed suitcase in the background ; )
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. You can do it Tammy! As hard as it is & as much as you want to meet your little one, these extra days inside your tummy is the best place for him/her! You are doing great, mama!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can do this girl! I am so excited for you! I cant wait to see the newest member of your family and I know your anxious to find out too!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!