Well this month has been a month of good and bad in the fitness/clean eating department.
The Good:
- I lost 5 pounds!
- I am still doing Pilates 2x/week
- I started working out on the elliptical
- I'm getting so much stronger
- My clothes are fitting better
The Bad:
- Um...I gained 5 pounds right back. I got lazy people. I had to miss Pilates for a week and a half, which totally derailed my motivation. I absolutely feel better when I work out, no doubt about it.
- We ate out a few times (burgers, drinkies, pizza, mexican, drinkies)
- I finally got the hang of making my own cake balls. It took a few tries. Hence the weight gain?
- I was not consistent with the elliptical.
- I ate like pure crap the past 2 weeks.
One night I was sitting on the couch, watching tv, wondering "Hmmm, what else can I eat?" while I watched Downton Abbey. (BTW, I still can't believe Lady Sybil is gone and from Ecclampsia?!?) Anywhoo, I comforted myself saying it had been a stressful 12 days with the Hubs working and THAT'S why I was eating bad food. But then a voice inside my head said "It's not your babies shoving crap in your mouth! It's not your husband shoving crap in your mouth. It's YOU."
I have a love/hate with the voices in my head.
I think this is a good check-in point, at the end of the month. To evaluate what went right, what went wrong, and what I need to work on.
So for February, I need to work on:
1. Meal Planning!!! I keep saying this and don't do it, but I know it would make life easier.
2. Elliptical 3 times per week. Minimum.
3. Making good choices when eating out.
4. No more cake balls.
5. Track all food in My Fitness Pal (I've been so inconsistent with this)
If there's one single word I need to focus on, it's CONSISTENCY. I think I got cocky with that 5 pound weight loss and then went a little nuts.
To put it in perspective, I was tracking my food in MFP this morning and I made a big, pretty healthy breakfast (scrambled egg white, turkey sausage, blueberries, whole grain toast, coffee...and a glass of OJ *oops*). MFP told me I would reach my GOAL weight in 5.5 weeks if I ate ONLY THIS every day. ???? And? I'm already WAY over my recommended sugar intake for today (ah, thank you OJ and coffee creamer). WTH? A good reminder that I need to be stricter with my sugar intake.
| Morgan's version of our breakfast. I did not have the Elmo plate ; ) |
| A friendly reminder on my refrigerator door |




MFP wanted you to only eat one meal a day? That's crazy talk! Good luck with your goals this month!
ReplyDeleteI guess it was too many calories for one meal, lol!
DeleteOh goodness! This week has been the same, cameron came home with donuts and I ate literally 4 in one day! thats usually not me...can I blame him because he brought them home??
ReplyDeleteYes, yes you can! haha!
DeleteI was totally having a progress check today too, and five minutes ago I ate a LOT of cookie dough while only making 5 cookies in the toaster oven for after hubs' presentation tonight. It's so hard to be good ALL of the time. But you are still looking great mama!!
ReplyDeleteHaha, girl you crack me up! I would totally do that! Oh wait, I DO do that ; )
Delete