Today was the official return of normal life. Daddy went back to work. The kids and I hung out at home. I avoided the mountain of laundry that's waiting for me. Just like usual.
.JPG) |
| Joey found a new mode of transportation. |
Morgan decided to get up at 3:00am. FOR THE DAY. The Hubs and I tag-teamed trying to get her back to bed and then I finally just stayed up with her and brought her downstairs at 5am. I don't know what her deal was, but it wasn't sleep. Uggh.
.JPG) |
| Morgan helped with the dishes and refused to get down. A whole new world up there! |
I snuck away for some Mommy time since my sitter was available. I went to Pilates (I've been at it for just over 8 weeks now and I'm proud of myself for sticking with it!) I'm already sore from today, I'm sure I won't be able to sit down tomorrow & Friday. But I am noticing a difference in my strength, especially my core!
Later on while I was still out, I shot the Hubs a text saying "Sneak out of work early and come meet me at our favorite Sushi place!" And he did ; ) I'm sure he was only able to because it is a holiday week and his afternoon clinic was canceled. I'll take it.
.JPG) |
| I give up on trying to flip this pic the right way.... |
I had some rewards bucks to use up at Williams-Sonoma and I don't know what my obsession with kitchen stuff is lately -- maybe the fact that I can't do anything elaborate right now makes me want to even more? I can barely chop a vegetable these days without having to stop to pick up a crying child, lol! And getting dinner together every night is a real challenge. But anyway, I picked up this cookbook/wine book and it's really good, so far!
I also had to get myself the clearance Starbucks tumbler travel mug because, well, it was pretty. And $7. After the holidays, I'm really cracking down on our spending. So I think for only spending $7 today, I did pretty well. Believe me, there was temptation all around!!!
I got all excited when my email inbox filled up yesterday with MOMS Club invites for the month of January. Then I told myself I have to actually GO. So it is my goal to try to make 3 events this month; I thought 3 would be do-able. With both children in tow. Wish me luck!
fb me when you decide what events to try to make! or maybe i'll pick one soon and start harassing you :) glad your first day back to normal went well! except the 3am part - yikes!
ReplyDeleteGood luck! I need to get out more this year and meet some new friends in our new town!
ReplyDeleteIsnt normal life with the hubs back at work just the pits? I had a serious case of the Mondays/Wednesdays yesterday with Brian not home!
ReplyDeleteToday was our back to reality day. I missed the kids like crazy while we were in CA and now that I'm home, I feel like I need another break already, lol. And of course Grandma and Grandpa spoiled Kyla rotten so she wants to be carried everywhere and eat junk all day. But at least she was good for them so hopefully they'll do it again :)
ReplyDeleteI've never heard of a MOMS club? I wonder if they have something like that in my area. Sounds like a brilliant idea.