With about 3 weeks til Morgan's 1st Birthday, I need to get myself in gear for this party. I keep telling myself it is NOT going to be over the top/fancy/stressful. Just a simple gathering of family (Hubs' since mine don't live here) and us. Some food. Some fun. A few decorations. And hopefully a little girl who is not in dire need of a nap, lol!
I've been gathering ideas on Pinterest. Seriously the most wicked, brilliant invention of our time, or at least one of them! And the best way to waste time on the Internet, especially when you are working on a project.
I'm thinking a Pink theme...maybe to tie in with Valentine decorations since it will be within a few days of that.
 |
| I have a thing for cake pops. {Via} |
 |
| Photo banner - I love it! {Via} |
 |
| Party Hats {Via} |
 |
| Love this setup and the colorful poms {Via} |
 |
| In love with this treat table and all the pink snackies! {Via} |
 |
| Wreath for the front door, letting them know they're at the right place! {Via} |
 |
| How cute would this tutu and onesie be? {Via} |
 |
| Another cute front door item that could also do double dute for Valentine's Day {Via} |
We had a hard time coming up with an idea of where to have it. With Hubs' family, we could be looking at 30-40 people. Our house just isn't large enough, nor is there enough seating. But Morgan is so young that I don't really want to have it anywhere public - I think it's going to be very overwhelming for her as it is at this stage in her development. So my new plan is, have it at home and rent some extra chairs. Maybe present the invitation as an "Open House" style of party, so people can come, eat snacks & cake, and go ; )
I LOOOVE the planning part. The execution of it all, however, is not my strong suit. Now....will I be able to pull it all together? Cross your fingers for me! We still have to nail down a date and the invitations still have to be created and sent out. ANNNNNNDDDD....GO!
OMG! I love this! I am already thinking about S's third birthday party! Lol. I wish that we lived closer together because I would LOVE to come and help you put all of this stuff together!
ReplyDeleteI remember that 1st birthday planning. It's so much fun, I started when P was only 6 months old! And Pinterest was a lot of help.
ReplyDeleteI know it's going to turn out great!
Thanks girls! And yes, Tiffany, Move HERE! lol ; )
ReplyDeleteI love looking at all the ideas as well especially on Pinterest. I have a ton of them if you want any other ideas http://pinterest.com/amw211/birthday-party/ but it looks like you have it down pretty well.
ReplyDelete