26 January 2012

Things I'm Loving

It's been a bit of a rough week.  Nothing major, just a lot of "little" things have come up.  This would all be easier to tolerate if a certain Baby Girl hadn't developed THE WORST SLEEPING PATTERNS EVER.  I don't know what is going on...  It seems since Christmas, Morgan has had real difficulty at night. 

I think I mentioned she goes to sleep fine, but just cannot (will not?) stay asleep.  She becomes SO hysterical that we actually wonder "Maybe something is really wrong?"  (Does every parent think this?)  Anyway, we've tried EVERYTHING.  And I do mean everything.  I hate to call her doctor for this ("Oh hi...yeah, my baby won't sleep"), but we are no experts and it is a change from her normal self.

So rather than drone on and on about "problems" and "annoyances" -- oh wait, you thought I was gonna just keep complaining? lol ; )  I thought I would stop and take some time to think of the positives, no matter how superficial some of them might be ; )

1.  I've really been trying to be thankful for each moment I get with Morgan.  No special reason in particular, but it keeps occuring to me that she is growing SO fast.  Someday?  She won't even need me anymore.  I had felt this way for a while, but it really smacked me in the face when I read this article To the Mother With Only One Child.  Specifically, this:
 
Dear mother of only one child, don’t blame yourself for thinking that your life is hard. You’re suffering now because you’re turning into a new woman, a woman who is never allowed to be alone. For what? Only so that you can become strong enough to be a woman who will be left.
So every time I rock her, every time she is crying and she reaches out for me to hold her, I make a point to remind myself "Enjoy this".  Even the other night, she was up at 3:30am and I rocked and rocked her.  I really did cherish every second of it.  I had been gone that evening and didn't get to put her to bed that night.  I missed her terribly.

2.  The Big Bang Theory.  Seriously - - Where have you been all my life??  #Gettingmethroughwinter


3.  Amazon.  We get deliveries ALL the time.  Taking Morgan out in freezing (and lately constant pouring rain around here) is not fun, so rather than run to the store, I just put it in our Amazon cart.  Free 2-day shipping?  Done.  Everything from diapers & formula, to books & toys. 

4.  I feel so much more "ready" for Baby #2 to come than I did Baby #1.  Chalk it up to experience and a "been there done that" mentality I guess.  No less excited, but a lot less scared ; )  I think that mindset is helping me to enjoy this pregnancy that much more.

5.  My husband.  I'm not good at verbalizing credit, but he works his behind off.  And then comes home and has been so helpful with Morgan.  He knows which computer would better suit me when I was looking for a new laptop -- he knows better than I do what I want!

6.  I'm really looking forward to Morgan's 1st Birthday Party.  It's surreal that she is already going to be one year old.  I distinctly remember wondering "Is she going to die?" when she was born.  It was a very real fear and something that wedged its ugly self in my head for way too long.  To see how far she's come and know she's perfectly healthy is such a blessing.  God is Good.  Always.

7.  Rediscovered these little bites of heaven:
Guess I'm gonna gain some weight sooner than later, haha!

OK, that's probably enough sap for now...hope everyone else is having a great week and sending positive vibes your way!!

2 comments:

  1. we are also dealing with the wonderful world of sleep right now with our little Morgan. She doesnt want to sleep too well either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally get the bad sleep problem, but it does pass! Eventually. My 16 month old still doesn't sleep all night, but she's getting better.

    Also I LOVE the Big Bang Theory. It's become my favorite show.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!