17 January 2012

What we've been up to...

The weekend was just like our weekdays...Daddy was on call so one of the days we took him lunch.  Smashburgers, yum!  (It's always either that or Chipotle, and quite frankly I've eaten enough Chipotle for a long while....) 

It was COLD out that day so I had to bundle up my lil bunny:



"Sup.  I'm just chillin at the hospital, waitin for my daddy to come have lunch with me..."
Today was WARM....like near 60 degrees.  That is, between the hurricane force winds and torrential downpours.   And thunder and lightning, which woke Mo from her morning nap.  Such weird weather.  Anyway, I originally thought we'd be stuck inside again so I started online shopping, I mean, researching double strollers ; )  But once the rain cleared, we made our way out for a little real live, 3-D, in store shopping.
This one was more than happy to get out of the house and be my lil shopping buddy
I picked up some curtains for our Master Bedroom FINALLY.  We have sliding patio doors (which I hate because they look out onto our ugly back porch.  What happened to a good old fashioned window?)  We originally put blackout cellular shades in because I was working night shift and needed to sleep during the day.  And then I went to day shift.  And then I became a SAHM. 

The ugly shade is still up, so I needed some curtains to spruce 'em up a bit.  Come to find out the decorator put the rod 8 inches above the window frame, so standard curtain lengths do not fit.  I ended up buying a pair that were too long and using STITCH WITCHERY to hem them.  I was quite proud of myself!  For the record,  I do own a sewing machine...it's around here somewhere....

We also picked up a little Baptism gift and card for my sweet little niece, Brynlee, who is getting baptized this Sunday back in MN.  Wish we could go :(

I've been kind of wild with the online shopping lately -- SOOO MANY good sales!! Plus being pregnant, I don't have any spring maternity clothing, so...ya know...I have to be comfortable, lol!  I can't get away from the temptation either, my inbox is flooded with sale emails.  But could I really pass up sweaters at JCREW for $12.99??  That's just a crime if you ask me ; )

Morgan has been an angel during the daytime.  Even when we go out, waving and smiling to strangers.  But once she wakes up from her afternoon nap?  Demonbaby.  I don't know what's up with that....but it drove me to this tonight:
Don't worry, I only had 2 ; )
Looking forward to another OB appointment tomorrow (is that weird that I look forward to them?).  I don't think they're doing an ultrasound, but I'll be happy to hear the little heartbeat on doppler again.  And see if my Dr. has a better plan for my blood pressure. 

2 comments:

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!