My little nugget is 2 months old! I somehow managed to get my act together and get photos on the ACTUAL day, but am only about a week late getting a post up. I'm cutting myself a little slack these days though.
I don't have stats yet; we had to reschedule his 2-month well check so we will find out how much he's grown next week. I'm guessing he's weighing somewhere around 10-11 pounds now?
Nicknames include: Bubby, Bubbs, Lil Man, Lord Fussypants, BBJoey. We rarely ever just call him Joey!
I am continually amazed at how full of expression he is; how active and alert he is; and I've said it before but this kid is STRONG!
I had a few photo props I wanted to try and let's just say my boy did not share in my enthusiasm, lol!
 |
| Mom....this is dumb. |
 |
| Not much better... |
 |
| Yes I will give you the stinkface if you continue to put me in these ridiculous getups! |
 |
| I'VE.HAD.ENOUGH.ALREADY! |
After lots of tears, we took a feeding break. If there's one thing in the world that makes this kid happy -- it's eating. Our little model was MUCH more cooperative afterward!
He continues to nurse like a champ, eating every 2-3 hours, but giving me a decent stretch of sleep at night (like 4-5 hours sometimes!! Hallelujah!). In the afternoons he wants to nurse EVERY HOUR starting at around 2pm. By 7pm I am drained, both literally and figuratively. I know my supply drops as the day goes on so I think he gets frustrated he's not getting as much? Early evenings are tough right now; he's always Mr. Hungrypants, + I'm trying to feed Morgan dinner + trying to get something together for me & the Hubs to eat for dinner + if it's bath night and I'm trying to get Morgan ready for bed. It's a circus and one of them is usually crying.
As for sleep, we moved him to his crib around 5 weeks old.
He had to go. Nobody was getting any sleep when he was in our bedroom - the little guy is noisy! I turned the monitor down so I wouldn't startle with every little grunt he makes - but I can still hear if he cries just fine. THIS HAS BEEN KEY to me getting ANY sleep at all.
He LOVES to sleep on his belly and will sleep quite peacefully for hours that way. He sleeps so quietly and deeply this way that I am constantly creeping back into his room to check on him. I waited to allow him to belly-sleep, of course, until he could turn his head side-to-side, which he does with no problem now. I still always end up flipping him over onto his back though eventually, just for peace of mind.
I still nurse him once or twice in the night and if it's a 2nd time and it's still really early (like before 6am), I will usually bring him in bed with me to sleep a while longer. For some reason, after that 2nd feeding, he can't seem to get comfortable in his crib and I was constantly going back to his room to rock him. Usually by this time, the Hubs is getting up and ready for work anyway.
 |
| His little expressions crack me up! |
This month he started "talking" to us. He will "aaah" and "goo" and carry on a little conversation when we talk to him. It's enough to make a Mama melt ;-) He's been SO SMILEY lately too...he crinkles his nose as his smile begins. I don't want to forget that. And his smile is
completely disarming.
 |
| Haha...he's not having it! |
 |
In the hat my Grandma Edith knit him.
|
His eyelashes are darkening and filling in; hopefully they grow like his sister's...she's got some killer lashes! His hair is rubbing off on his head, mostly on the sides. He's also getting a flat spot on the back of his head that I hope we can remedy with frequent position changes. He still LOVES to be held 24/7. I don't mind one bit; I love snuggling in his
warm chubby squishy little rolls he's growing!
Happy 2 Months Bubbs....we love you SO much!
What a cutie! It's amazing how much they change, yet look the same, from when they were born! And how did we all get to calling our babies Nugget? lol. Glad to be able to catch up with y'all!
ReplyDelete