I want to freeze this phase
of life with her because she is developing her own personality and is SO funny!
Her little voice, her belly-forward toddling walk, the way she scrunches
her nose to smell anything, her crazy hair....all of it.
Says No, More, 'Mo (for
remote) Down, Done, Ducky, Doggy, Shooooees, Thank You (Tate-ooo), Mommy,
Daddy/Dada, Nana, Ba-Nana, wassat (what's that?), and oiseee, although I still
haven't figured out what that one means. Has also just learned to put her index finger to her lips and say "SHHHH!" Usually it's "SHHH! Baybeee!" Haha, guess she's heard that one a few times ; )
When you ask her
"Morgan, are you one?" She says "TWOOO". We
work on counting, and she is constantly walking around chanting "Two,
twee, two, twee" (2, 3, 2, 3).
When eating something,
she always tries to feed you and holds out the food saying "AAAH?"
Tries to help me burp
the baby by patting his back and saying "BayBEEE". She will
usually come toddling fast into his room when I'm changing his diaper and say
excitedly, "Hi BayBEE!"
She's very cautious when
walking in unfamiliar areas, climbing on the furniture, etc.
LOVES technology - our
cell phones, the iPad, our computers. Basically anything with a screen or
keys she can push! She can often be seen roaming around the house with a little remote held up to her ear as a pretend phone.
Has found a new love for
pacifiers now that baby brother always has one. She walks around with one
in her mouth at some point every day now *sigh* I choose to pick
my battles and this isn't one of them.
LOVES books -- and to read -- and be read to. I love this about her (even if it means reading "Who's Making That Smell?" 479 times a day). I hope she always loves to
read because I love it myself.
Is really starting to
get into imaginative play with her tea pot and cups and her baby doll.
Loves on her baby doll and kisses it. She often does this while I'm
nursing Joey.
Is back to one nap a
day. It's so early and I'm trying to push it back, but currently it's
anywhere from 9:30/10:30 and lasts about an hour and a half. I'd love to
get it pushed later, to say, 12:30. But when she's tired, she lets me
know it!
Goes to bed around 7:30/8:00 and sleeps through the night til about 7:00/7:30am. Will occasionally wake in the night but usually puts herself back to sleep.
Is always happy and smiley in the mornings when I get her out of her crib. She stands up and tries to hand me her blanky. I had to wake her from a nap the other day (something we rarely EVER do) and all I did was say her name and she was up on her feet talking away!
Daddy puts her to bed at night. During the day time for naps, all I have to say is "Morgan, is it time to go nigh-night with your Seahorse upstairs?" and she will walk over, pull on the baby gate at the stairs. I lay her down and she babbles for a while as she holds her blanky and before long she's out like a light.
Weighs 22.5 pounds at
her last well-check about 2 weeks ago. Is in the 24th percentile for
height & weight, so still on the petite side even though she looks like a
giant compared to her baby brother.
Eats almost anything but
WILL NOT drink plain white milk out of her sippy cups! I started adding
chocolate to her milk, per the pediatrician's recommendation because I was
evidently giving her NOWHERE NEAR enough milk every day. Oops. I
didn't get the memo on that one...
She also always wants whatever we are eating -- and she's very tuned in to when Mama tries to sneak a snack in. Must. Be. Sneakier.
![]() |
| A typical lunch + milk + fruit for dessert. |
![]() |
| Mac n'Cheese all over the face and hair. Why not? |
Gives the
best hugs and kisses.
Tries to be a good big
sister but will still yank the paci right out of her brother's mouth. Is
getting more gentle every day.
Is going through some
big separation anxiety with Mama lately. Even chooses to be held by Mommy
over Daddy (quite the shocker!)
Has TWELVE teeth!
Bites (a fake bite) and
claws/scratches Mommy's legs when she doesn't get her way.
Can follow simple
commands, such as "Sit down please" and "Go get your shoes"
and "Throw the diaper in the trash please". That last one has
come in real handy ; )










0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!