I was SO bummed out when I found out a BIG CELEBRITY was going to be in town on the day Joe and I were scheduled to go to the horse races with his work group.
And if you live in our house? You know we eat, sleep, and breathe this big name...
That's right, Llama Llama came to our local library! We've been reading those books to Morgan for as long as I can remember and she is obsessed with them. We like them too, the catchy rhythmic lines, the lessons learned, the happy endings. However, my husband has voiced his dismay several times over the absence of a father in the storyline. Ah well...you can't have it all.
Anyway, back to Llama Llama: Since we were going to be out of town, I made arrangements for my MIL to take Morgan to the big event at the library. She got one of Joe's younger cousins to tag along and help out with the kids.
We were uncertain how Morgan would react. I predicted she would be scared....but she LOVED Llama Llama. I'm told she was the FIRST kid up there to take pictures and hug him. She wouldn't budge, to allow the other kids a chance at him, haha!
And when it was time for Llama Llama to leave? My little girl threw herself onto the floor, crying giant crocodile tears. My MIL said it was the cutest, most heartbreaking thing to watch, haha!
I wish I could've been there with her, to meet her favorite famous Llama. I'm so happy she got to do something that made HER so happy; that's what it's all about.






Lol - you had me really wondering what celebrity?! That is the cutest story ever, sweet Morgan! We don't have any llama books but I almost ordered them last week on amazon, per Morgan's rec I may have to go for it now.
ReplyDeleteHow fun!!
ReplyDelete