17 January 2011

26 weeks and antsy

Technically I'm 26 1/2 weeks, thankyouverymuch, but maybe I should chill out on the countdown, eh?

Happy Martin Luther King Day - my practice observes this holiday so that meant the day off for me.  As much as I complain (who me?) about work sometimes, I'm thankful for the distraction right now because.....winter funk and boredom have officially landed. 

WARNING:  This is going to be a boring post, so feel free to back out now.  Go ahead.  Shut 'er down, clicky the x-ey up in your right hand corner.  I won't get upset.  Come back when there's more excitement going on around here.  Why post at all you might ask?  Oh, because maybe, once our child is here, I will wonder "What ever did I do with all that free time outside of work that I used to have?"

Still here?  OK, then, you were warned, here's what I've been up to these past few days:

*Engaged in a battle with my vegetable peeler and LOST (which I once worshipped for its ease of use and lightning-fast efficiency, but now I can't even look at it without getting frightened). 




The offending weapon



Vegetable peeler: 1     Tammy's finger: 0

All I wanted was a peeled & chopped apple to put in my oatmeal the other morning.

Turns out you don't think about missing your fingernail until you don't have one.  Also turns out? I use my fingers a lot.  Water impermeable band-aids were the first thing on my grocery list this morning.  We'll see how work goes tomorrow.  Being a nurse, I wash my hands, oh 8,000 times a day.  OK, that's an exaggeration.  It's only 2,000 times a day. Hopefully the sterile gloves fit over my bandage job.

*Had my hands buried in the guts of this bad boy for a solid 2+ hours on Sunday night: 

Yep, I built my next computer, a desktop that will be super fast with a giant monitor for photo editing.  OH, what's that you say - you didn't know Tammy was capable of doing this?  Of course I'm not -- all of this with the husband's help, of course. (Seriously - what can't this guy do?  Oh yeah, we'll talk toilets sometime.  That is NOT his forte!)  He guided me through what to plug where and since I have tiny hands (no really - they are child-sized), it was pretty easy for me. 

I had never attempted anything like this before, because you probably need to know what you're doing or leave it up to someone who does.  But it was fun working on this project together and I think he was proud of me for sticking it out and not ditching out early to go bake muffins.  (I still baked the muffins, don't worry, but that was later on in the night.)

I'm getting more familiar with my DSLR and want to be able to take - and edit - fabulous photos especially with the baby coming.  This is just not feasible on my current tiny laptop. 


Is that a hot mess or what????
*Cooking/baking/cleaning/baking/laundry/walking our needy dog/baking...the mundane things of everyday life.  I am finding myeslf a little bored this winter waiting for baby to get here.  I think I've said every day to the husband "Don't you just wish our baby was here NOW?"  He looks at me like I'm crazy and then politely agrees with me.

*Blogstalking.  I have several I follow like I'm in a cult.  Most of them have to do with babies/motherhood and home decor.  I'm learning lots snooping in on other people's lives, ha ha!  In my defense, I have read a lot of great tips for first time moms-to-be (like me) who have no idea what we're in for.  I will confess: One of these blogs is also where I "stole" my favorite baby girl's name... 

*Speaking of him "politely agreeing" with me, tonight I was in full POUT mode about all of the Graeter's closing in Northern Kentucky.  For those of you not familiar, it is THE ice cream place in this area.  Anyhoo, about a month or so ago, they shut down all their NKY locations/franchises because I'm told they're going to build newer buildings, reopen, and also sell their bakery items.  Whatevs.  Where am I supposed to get my Toffee Chip now?  So back to my wonderful husband - he ran out tonight and got me a quart of Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream, no begging required.  I love that guy.  Marrying him was one of the better decisions I've made in my life.

*Speaking of POUTING, I'm pouting also because two pregnant friends are going on their Babymoon - one to Costa Rica and one is headed to Puerto Rico.  This is something I wanted to do - was ADAMENT about doing - we both love to travel and it's "one last hurrah" as a childless couple... but, sadly, it's not going to be happening.  I know, I know, poor poor baby.  I thought I had it allllll figured out: I found us a medical conference to attend in Miami at the end of the month, but apparently my selling game was off when I pitched it to the hubs.  Dang.

*I'm already looking at spring clothing online and really loving all things bright, light, and floral.  READ: NON-MATERNITY.  I've got enough black and gray baby-bump friendly items now to last a lifetime.  Or at least a few pregnancies...

*Speaking of my baby bump, somebody's belly button is making an attempt to come out I think.  Here's a weirdo pic I took from my view looking down.  You can't see in this picture, but the last few days I've noticed a little linea nigra forming both above and below my belly button.  If I get a choice between that and stretch marks, I'll take the line please!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!