This morning I had to fast (me no likey not eating!) and have my glucose challenge test done. I drank the orange drink and having heard all kinds of negative things about it - I have to say - it was ice cold, sugary, and good. Or I was just really hungry. I then waited an hour and they drew my blood. I won't know the results til tomorrow. I put my pancreas through marathon-like training for this event, so I hope for a good number tomorrow.
While awaiting the blood draw, I saw my OB doctor. I never know when I'm seeing him - either that, or my pregnancy scatterbrain can't keep it straight. I didn't gain ANY weight since two weeks ago. I was relieved, congratulating myself even. My doc was a little concerned. He asked if everything was alright and if my appetite was still strong. I laughed and told him "Yep, I just tried to cut back on all the CRAP I've been eating now that the holidays are over, and eat way more fruits & vegetables". He seemed pleased with this. He measured my belly and it was bigger, right on track.
Then he asked the usual questions "Having any contractions?"
"Nope." I said "I'm not sure I'd even know what they felt like, so my answer is no."
He said "Oh, YOU WILL KNOW." ((Yikes??))
"Feeling the baby move?"
"Yep."
And right then, he came at me with the doppler to listen for the heartbeat and my baby gave him a swift kick, Jackie Chan-style. It startled both of us and we had a good laugh. He said "I believe you now!"
He told me I'm about to start my 3rd trimester - which I already knew. I asked if we could hit the fast-forward button as I'm getting antsy. He just laughed (again, AT me, presumably) and said "It's going to fly by....you'll be up to your knees in poopy diapers before you know it." That made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. We spent the rest of my appointment talking about his kids and their pooping habits. True story.
In other news, as posted on my Facebook status tonight: It took me and the Hubs entirely too long to put THIS together:
| He would like it to be clarified that after he "stepped in" it took 10 minutes. |
| TA-DAAAAA!!! And that's how our baby will roll. |
I'm also going to need to start a rigorous weight-lifting program if I am ever to lift that car seat PLUS an infant at the same time.
Things to look forward to for tomorrow:
#1: It's my day off. (Self-explanatory)
#2: The crib & changing table are getting delivered! And assembled! By someone other than me!
#3: I'll find out the results of my glucose test. Not nearly exciting as say, finding out the sex of your baby, but I'd rather NOT have Gestational Diabetes, mmkay, thanks.
And lastly, pictures of my belly at 27 weeks, 5 days. Disregard my unkempt (work) hair!



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!