Not much happening, so I thought I'd post one of these ever-popular fill-in-the-blank thingies:
How far along: 27 weeks and 1 day
Total weight gain: 21 pounds. After what I shall now refer to as the 7-pound gain in a month disaster, I've tried to scale back a bit and make better choices. Like having just ONE dinner at night, instead of two. Serious.
Now if I could just get myself to stop baking.
How much does baby weigh: Two pounds. The size of a head of cauliflower. Which might explain why my lady parts feel like they are going to fall out. Sorry for the TMI.
Maternity clothes: Yes. Except for work, I just went up one size in scrub bottoms and two sizes in tops. Sometimes, if my new bigbottoms aren't clean (I only bought 2 pair), I'll squeeze it allllll into the smaller pants. It's always interesting to play "Let's see if my pants split today!" What can I say? I like to live on the edge.
As for outside of work, I wear what I refer to as "The Uniform": A rotatable, comfortable small selection of Skinny jeans (gray, dark denim, or black), a big top, and boots. Add in scarf or fun earrings or necklace to accessorize and *voila*!! Uniform.
Cravings: Anything sweet, with carbs and sugar. I've been eating a lot of fruit, especially clementines, bananas, and apples. I'm not so much digging meat these days, which is unusual for me.
Sleep: Is alright. That is, when the hubbs isn't on-call (and his pager isn't going off every two seconds) or when the dog isn't licking her bum like it's her new fulltime job, or I'm not up to pee every 2 hours. I'm a side sleeper anyway, so this whole "no more lying on your back" rule is fine with me. Naps are almost a daily occurrence. Sometimes they are 1 hour, sometimes they are 3 hours, it just depends how tired I am (or how much the pager went off the night before.)
Movement: Sporadic. Sometimes, it seems like very long periods of time pass before I feel something. But when I do, they are very low and deep little movements. I keep expecting to feel something up higher, above my belly button, but everything is down way low.
Movement: Sporadic. Sometimes, it seems like very long periods of time pass before I feel something. But when I do, they are very low and deep little movements. I keep expecting to feel something up higher, above my belly button, but everything is down way low.
Belly button in or out: It's slowly making its way out....it's almost flush/even with the rest of my belly. So weird!
What I'm looking forward to: In the immediate future? Getting together with friends tonight. Decorating the nursery. My dad coming for a visit. My baby shower. Buying regular (NON MATERNITY) clothes. I will never wear an empire waisted garment again, unless I am with child.:
Slightly more long term? Winter being OVER. And of course, ultimately, our precious BB arriving!
Milestone: Cool: We are at 90 days to go! Glucose Challenge test next week. Also, this marks the last week of my 2nd trimester!!
Not so cool: I think in the last 3 days I'm seeing the beginning of stretch marks forming. Why, oh why, I thought I might be an exception is proof that I'm a hormonally-deranged lunatic.
What I miss: Ice cold beer. Wine. Sleeping all night. Walking without pain.
So here is what WE look like this week, only imagine the lady figure rounder in the front and a little more plump in the back. Hey, my baby's got a lot of cushion!
Not so cool: I think in the last 3 days I'm seeing the beginning of stretch marks forming. Why, oh why, I thought I might be an exception is proof that I'm a hormonally-deranged lunatic.
What I miss: Ice cold beer. Wine. Sleeping all night. Walking without pain.
So here is what WE look like this week, only imagine the lady figure rounder in the front and a little more plump in the back. Hey, my baby's got a lot of cushion!






0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!