Oh hellooo 3rd Trimester! So begs the question: if I am 28 weeks along, does that mean I am 7 months pregnant? (4 weeks in a month x 7 months = 28 weeks, right?) But how can I have another 3 months to go? That means I'm pregnant for 10 months - which is one theory. The other theory is that a month is really 4 1/2 weeks long, so I'm 6 1/2 months pregnant, with 2 1/2 months to go. Whatevs. Let's get this show on the road!
In the meantime, here is a belly pic and I now realize this shirt doesn't make me look hugely pregnant. But trust me, this belly is gettin real big y'all:
I spent today running some errands while Hubs is on call. First stop: Home Depot to fix a mess THIS little girl made:
| She looks so innocent...but don't be fooled. I know she was snickering at me while I fixed the hole in the wall. |
After looking at it every day for WAY too long, I decided today was the day I fix it. So off to Home Depot I went with kinda/sorta an idea of what I needed to fix it. I did have to call my dad at one point from the store -- he is coming to visit next week and said he'd just fix it then. But having too much time on my hands and too much pride to not just fix it myself, I decided to forge ahead. I asked one of the very friendly sales associates if he thought what I had in my cart would take care of it so I could impress my dad. He said it all looked good and wished me good luck.
Here's the work in progress:
I first layered a 6"x 6" steel/mesh panel flush covering the dent. That step may have been overkill, we'll see. Then the DAP. Don't worry, that DAP crap starts out pink, and dries white so you know when it's dry and time to sand. Right now, it's white and ready. So now I just need to sand, paint and *VOILA!* new wall!
This is a less expensive method than my other plan for this space: Put a giant piece of furniture in front of it. (That is still going to happen, but I figure I might as well fix it now.)
OK, if you are still awake, on to more exciting things, like the nursery! I mentioned I purchased some custom art off of etsy.com and found some of the frames I was looking for. Only they were black. And black frames just WILL. NOT. GO. So while at Home Depot, I picked up some spray paint in an Ivory shade that matches the trim in the room.
Oh....how I loooooove to spray paint. Seriously, it's fun! Don't worry, I used proper protective gear (I wore a mask and a giant old covering coat) and sprayed outdoors where it was well-ventilated.
I love how these turned out! In case you are wondering, all this stuff is in Italian. Paying a little homage to my Hub's side of the family:
I also have been going through photos for a MAYJUH project I am working on. I am scanning in all old photos of my mom to make a digital photo album for myself, my bro, sis, and dad. That's a lot of photos in her 49 short years of life.
Today she would have turned 55. There isn't a day, an hour, STILL, that goes by that I don't think of her and miss her dearly. Especially now that I am about to become a mother myself. What I wouldn't give to have her here, to be able to call her with all my silly questions and worries.
AND I have lots of questions about what I was like as a baby? What were HER pregnancies and labor experiences like? I've been going through my baby books and love reading the notes she kept about me. I can feel how loved I was and how proud my parents were.
So I'll end with this, a picture of me at 4 months. Of course I spend hours wondering what our baby will look like. Will he/she have my eyes? Joe's nose? My temper (hope not!)




0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!