06 January 2011

Happy New Year!!! (a lil late)

I meant to post some things over Christmas, but that didn't happen.  (We all know how that goes.)  I keep thinking how fun and different next Christmas will be with our little one here.  He or she will be about 8 months old by then....I can't wait!

The hubbs and I both had Christmas Eve and Christmas Day off, which NEVER happens since we both work in healthcare.  It was nice, we were able to spend lots of time with his family.  I really missed seeing my family this year -- I think it was the first Christmas I didn't see them at ALL.  Big sad face.  Hopefully next year we'll be making a trip back to MN to see them.

Anyway, we got so many great things thanks to our generous family.  Here are a few pics of how we spent our holidays and my ever-growing belly!

Christmas Eve (23 weeks pregnant):



The week of New Years, we got together with some friends for dinner (24 weeks):
 At Joe's Mom's house for a New Year's Eve dinner with some family:

Dakota, with her present from Grandma Nancy...she was skeptical, lol!

But it turned out to be delicious Pup-Peroni - if you look closely you can see her tongue!

I went to see Bernita today for my monthly pre-natal massage.  Oh how I look forward to those!  Bernita is such a sweetheart too, it's always fun to see her.  It's getting tougher with my belly getting so big -- from sleeping at night to getting positioned on the massage table, but it's still manageable.  These days I'm starting to retain fluid and I've gained about 16 pounds total. 

I'm nearing the end of my 2nd trimester (feels surreal to say that!) and I don't know when the "nesting phase" is supposed to kick in, but I'm definitely in full-on NESTMODE.  Currently, I'm in the middle of decorating our Master Bedroom.  For a year and a half now, it's had ONLY a king size bed on a frame, along with some laundry baskets for dirty clothes in it -- THAT'S IT.   I have a vision of what I want, it's just a matter of getting hubbs to go along with it.  And spend money on it.  Which is sometimes where a little trickery has to come into play, lol! 

I need to get moving on the nursery. 

I'm 25 weeks tomorrow - 15 weeks to go - or 106 days from today, but who's counting? ; )

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!