Our OB appointment went well today. Our sweet baby cooperated quite nicely and they were able to get all the brain measurements they couldn't get last time I was in. Everything looks right on track and our little nugget is growing and growing. It was so cool to see the baby's face better and he or she kept making sucking motions with the lips - so cute! Today they esitmated he/she now weighs 1 pound, 10 ounces.
Let's talk about mama's weight gain, shall we? I gained SEVEN pounds since my last visit a month ago. Let me repeat: SEVEN. Not cool. This puts me at a grand total of 21 pounds over my pre-preggo weight. I'm sure the holidays, all the eating out, and this dark, long cold winter are all contributing factors. OK, and the long naps and my aversion to exercise don't help either. I'm trying not to stress about it, but I don't want to be one of those people who have the mindset "I'm eating for two" for the next 40 years and then suddenly wonder why I weigh 300 pounds. Not. Going. To. Happen. It's a slippery slope, people.
I tried to make a joke of it and said to my doctor "I've gained seven pounds. But did you hear - my baby already weighs SIX pounds right now? I'm a medical miracle!" He just laughed.
He also laughed when I told him "100 days to go....let's get this party started!" I think he thinks I'm crazy. A little neurotic, OK, maybe. Hormonal? For sure. But not crazy. Not yet.
I'll try to get some new photos posted on here soon (because I'm sure me droning on and on is SUCH a pleasure), such as today's ultrasound and maybe I'll even get another one up of this expanding belly! Speaking of the ultrasound pics, there's one that downright creeps me out. When turned upright, the face looks like that of a 93-year old man and I just don't want to believe that is what's growing inside, ha ha!
I'll leave you with a note for my beloved:
Dear Husband,
Due to the recent increase in physiologic mass, all regular evening dinners have been canceled until May.
Love,
Your Evergrowing Wife
12 January 2011
OB appt 25w5d
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Wife. Mom. RN. Lover of sparkly things.
Follow Me on Instagram: tkremer
My Heart
POPULAR POSTS
-
I'm really trying to make an effort this year for Valentines Day. Morgan is just starting to get really into doing things with me, like...
-
I affectionately dubbed the new house "Cliffgate" the first time we drove up the long, mountainous driveway, and the name stuck. ...
-
I bought new dish soap shortly after we moved into our new house - Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Lavender, to be exact. I thought "If the...
-
Linking up with Shannon at Life After I Dew for another beloved So What Wednesday! This week, I'm saying So What: If I miss preg...
-
As I continue to grow this precious little bebe inside me, I decided to get on the ball and get some photographs of the nursery taken. Ther...
-
My baby boy is 6 months and some change old. He is an absolute delight . Sleeping through the night; smiling every waking hour (for the m...
-
This is a very sensitive time for me as Morgan came at 31 weeks, 3 days. As in, TOMORROW MORNING. We were not prepared and it was a very...
-
I sent my trainer/friend/cousin's-wife-by-marriage (got all that?) these pictures via text with a message saying " I need to look ...
-
Ever have those times where there's just so much going on inside your head? Ideas, to-do lists, deadlines... I get all fired up and ge...
-
'Tis the eve of my birthday and as posted on Facebook....all I want is to sleep in tomorrow morning, lol. OK, that's not all I want...
Claire is Born
Joey is Born
Morgan is born
Our Wedding



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!