16 January 2011

Da crib!

Today was a good day - we finally bought a crib and dresser/changing table!  This should seem like no big deal, but after countless trips to many stores looking in person and many, many hours looking online, we finally made a decision.  I also got to eat at Panera (one of my favorites and there isn't one close to my house so it doesn't happen frequently enough) AND got to eat fresh grilled fish tonight, which I'd been craving.  These things alone would equal a good day in my food-obsessed world these days.  Anyhoo.

Here it is:


I love that the crib is solid --and heavy-- and converts to a full-size bed.  People gave us all kinds of advice (probably because I wouldn't shut up about it) and seemed to be in one of two camps on the convertible bed issue.  Either you won't use the conversion kit because if you have more children, someone will ALWAYS be in the crib and toddlers want their own (racecar?) bed anyway.  OR you will use it and you can get a new crib if you have another baby (which seems silly, but who knows??) 

I also love that it is being delivered (NO THANK YOU on the $300+ shipping....do I have "STUPID" written on my forehead?) AND set-up AND hauled up a flight of 13 stairs to the nursery AND they'll clear away all excess packaging.  Yes please!

So now my baby officially has nicer bedroom furniture than me.  I'm OK with that.

We attempted to order a glider rocker & ottoman, but the stars just weren't aligning for that to happen today.  It became so complicated, plus a 3-month turnaround time?  I was pretty drained by that point.  This may be a good item for Craig and his List.

While at Babies R'Us, I threw a few more things on the registry, which was good timing because my Mother-In-Law just put the baby shower invites in the mail today.

The husband and I are the furthest thing from being big football fans, but even HE fell victim to all the cuteness overload and we decided to snatch these up, because they were 40% off AND SO. STINKING. CUTE!  One of each in case it's a boy or a girl, you can't go wrong (now if only the Bengals would actually WIN):



My Minnesota family & friends will not be proud : (  Sorry guys!!

Did I mention the amount of cuteness in that store was out of control?  I kept squealing and talking in baby talk.  Turns out baby socks and shoes are my weakness.  Who is this person???  I'll leave you with a belly pic, taken tonight.  We went out for dinner and a movie with some friends and stayed up way past our bedtimes.  It was just a great night.  I'm trying to soak up as many of these as possible because, as people keep warning us, these days are numbered.  (PS:  Don't judge my pajamas.  I'm always burning up lately...and these are deliciously comfortable.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!