Hard to believe my little Morgan Pie is 8 months old! Wow. Even harder to believe we managed to avoid any trips to the Emergency Room in that 8 whole months, but we broke that streak on Friday.
I am calmed down now, just for the record.
Mo loves to stand, holding onto something for support. So yesterday she was standing holding on to the metal bar of her jumperoo. I always sit with her when we do this because she's not strong enough to set herself back down gracefully. I turned my head away for a millisecond, I swear, to move a pile of books out of her way. And she lost her grip and fell face forward into the metal bar on the floor that supports the jumperoo. The sound of her face hitting that metal bar was like a punch in the stomach for me. I can't even describe how frantic I became. She started crying immediately (a good thing since this meant she didn't lose concsiousness).
| Pre-fall. You can see how happy this makes her! She gets so proud of herself standing & balancing there. |
| You can see the bar on the floor near where she hit. Ugh. |
And don't all accidents/illnesses occur around 5pm on a Friday afternoon? So I called my Ped's office and they asked me some questions and then said there's not much they can do if it is broken. They can't even XRay to confirm it, since the swelling would prevent getting a good look. I waited a bit, then decided to take her to the ER of the Children's Hospital anyway. Heck, we'd met our insurance deductible 5 minutes after I was admitted to the hospital when I had her, so why not? I needed peace of mind. And maybe to be medicated. Just kidding. No, I'm not ; )
So we went, they checked her out and basically told me the same things as my Ped's office said. Although they inspected her thoroughly, looked up her nose and in her ears and in her throat. That made me feel better that they couldn't see any bleeding inside. They suggested I have her re-evaluated on Monday, in case she developed a hematoma inside over the weekend. If one were to develop, they usually don't appear for 2-3 days and I wouldn't know it.
I learned a few valuable lessons here: I need to get all emergency numbers in one place that's easy to access. I fumbled on my computer for I don't know HOW long to find the phone number to the ER. (And when I called, you get a menu of options that basically tells you they won't give medical advice over the phone UNLESS your child has already been seen in the ER in the past 24 hours).
I even had trouble finding the hospital and had NO idea where to go (I've been there once before). I was in such a panicked state. Thank GOD for the navigator on my phone.
On to the 8 month photos:
| She is obsessed with her feet lately. |
| This picture captures her drool perfectly. |
And then there is the storm of baby hair I now have to detangle every morning:
Happy 8 month birthday Morgan Pie! Your Daddy & I love you SO much!!



0 comments:
Post a Comment
Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!