19 October 2011

Rainy Day = Grumpy Baby

Someone was REAAALLLYYY grumpster today.  And it wasn't me.  It didn't help that it was a high of like 48 degrees and POURING rain all day.  So that meant we were on house arrest because I'm not taking a baby out in that weather if I don't absolutely have to.  And a trip to Kroger fell into that category.

I don't know what was up with my usually smiley, happy bb, but today, she whined and/or cried all day long (LONG being the operative word here people).  She refused her solid foods, only taking bottles.  I thought of calling her pediatrician around 5pm, but she zonked out for a nap and I had high hopes she would wake up her normal happy self.  Plus I felt...I don't know...embarassed?  How would I say it? "Um...my baby has been really whiny and fussy today and I don't know why.  What should I do?"

She could be teething.  She drools and salive runs like a faucet.  But I keep feeling her gums and feel nothing so far.  Her head felt warm the last couple of nights, but when I check her temp tympanically, it's like 95 degrees.  Not sure I trust that thing and probably just need to use the rectal thermo.  So I gave her a warm bath, dressed her in her fleece fuzzy pj's and spent lots of time holding and snuggling her.

Anyway, we purchased her new car seat - a Britax Roundabout -- and it arrived yesterday.  I can't believe my little tiny baby is growing up so fast!  I tried to drum up some enthusiasm as I fitted the straps with Morgan sitting in it. 


It started out well:

Yeah mom, this is cool!
 But quickly went downhill.  Lately she HATES her car seat, unless the car is MOVING.

Get me out of this thing!  Why would you do this to me??
Here's hoping tomorrow is better and we can resume her nickname of "Smiley Cyrus" ; )

3 comments:

  1. oh sweet baby! elliana is the same way... not a fan of the car seat unless she's moving! oh babies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have the same issues lately with the carseat! I think it's time for us to get our Britax as well.. did you go ahead and put her forward facing? I can't decide if I should do it yet?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they are supposed to remain rear-facing til age 1, and the newest recommendation is until age 2 (that won't fly, I can already tell). For now, I keep her entertained with a mirror and toys. Not sure that's going to last another 4 months!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!