31 October 2011

Happy Halloween!

We didn't go too overboard for Halloween this year, even though I do love this holiday (if you want to call it that).  OK, really I just love pumpkins and chocolate.

Speaking of Pumpkins, last week I had a love affair with pumpkin muffins.  Or maybe more of an obsession, trying to concoct the perfect (Weight Watchers friendly) mini-muffin.  It was grueling, but mission accomplished ; )  And topped with Fat-Free Cool Whip?  That -- altogether might explain why I didn't blog much last week, lol.

Morgan dressed up as a Lady Bug.  And a wee bit of a grumpy lady bug at that.  All of the action was happening during what I now deem as her "Fussy Time".  That time where she likes to sneak in a nap and turn into a little monster.  Just for a lil bit.


"You want me to do what Dad?"

"I'm not smiling.  This is ridiculous.  I think you and mom are on drugs."
Joe was able to finish up with work at a reasonable time (before 8pm!  That is a rarity these days!) and come with us.  I didn't really have a plan as to where we were going.  It's not like Morgan needed to go door-to-door asking for candy, lol.  And there are ZERO children where we live -- I know, super fun for Mo, right?

"OK, OK, I'll fly like a Lady Bug"

So we went to Joe's Aunt Anita's house.  It was Halloween-a-palooza in their neighborhood!  Her 3 kids were out trick-or-treating when we arrived, but soon everyone started to gather at the house for snacks and a big old pot of probably the BEST chili I've ever had!  It was SOOO good ; )  And Morgan got to be with the people who love her the most - family. 

She cheered up some when she got to be with Nana:

I realized something funny tonight - we have NO pictures of Morgan with other kids -- except her cousins in Minnesota.  Aw...I think she needs some friends, besides me, lol!

All in all, it was a fun little Halloween and a sweet memory for our family.  I sure do love my little Lady Bug!

1 comments:

  1. What a perfect little ladybug! Thanks for the comment on my blog- I love that dress we both have!

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!