28 October 2011

Random Stuff

Morgan has started a new habit:  Taking a nap at 6:00pm.  She would still go to bed around 7:30 or 8:00.  But everytime my poor Mother-In-Law would stop by for an after work visit, I'd have to greet her at the door whispering that yes, once again, Morgan was asleep.
This went on for, oh...the past 3 weeks?  And suddenly -- as of last night -- the 6:00 nap is gone in favor of a LATER bedtime.  What gives?

I learned a new trick:  I yanked her nightlight out of her room and *VOILA!* she doesn't wake up in the night anymore, and if she does, she goes right back to sleep.  I read that on a blog somewhere and thought I'd try it, so I can't take credit for it myself.  But I guess the thinking behind it is if she wakes up and it's completely dark, she's confused and doesn't really wake fully.  Buy-bye nightlight, it was fun.

Morgan learned a new trick too:  Removing her own pants.  I think we are in trouble! (sorry for the blurry pics, but I fully expect every single picture from here on out to be blurry.  The kid cannot keep still!)


Morgan is sitting up pretty well on her own now.  I still put soft things behind & around her because occasionally she will still flip back and bonk her head.  I'm trying to teach her to wave and I thought this was HILARIOUS!

Makes me laugh every time I see it.  I heart her.
I finally hunted down the 3rd mirror from Target that I had been searching for.  I still have a love/hate relationship with Target.  Oh Target.  I wish I could quit you. 

The rug has been ordered (a week ago now) and still keeps showing up with a status of "Awaiting Fulfillment".  The empty sad little foyer is almost complete!!!  I'll post pics when it's done!

I'm excited for this weekend, we have a Halloween party we are going to and I'm REALLY pumped about our costumes.  They aren't that original, per se, but they will be fun.  I'm a little nervous, but Morgan will be going to a sitter -- that is not her Grandma -- for the first time ever.  Hold me....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!