25 March 2012

Another weekend gone too fast

I took Morgan to the Pediatrician's office Friday morning to be checked out, to make sure these antibiotics are actually working.  She would seem just fine, and then have a night where she was up screaming 3 different times.  We were on day #5 out of 10 on the antibiotics, and I couldn't see the point of continuing if it wasn't doing its job.  


Us entertaining ourselves while we wait for the Pediatrician


I thought, give medicine = problem solved.  As I'm learning, nothing about raising children is black and white.  It's more like "feel your way through the dark....with a blindfold on.  And then keep guessing". 

The Pediatrician looked in her ears and said they looked PERFECT.  So why the crying & screaming spells?  He said it could be teething still bothering her.  Oh yeah...that.  But I read something interesting online about this age:  This is an age, 12-14 months, when children start to dream, and at times quite vividly.  So maybe she's scared and/or having nightmares?

I kinda wonder if THAT'S what's going on -- scary dreams?  Because the past few nights, she's woken up at midnight and doesn't want milk.  She wants to -- get this --- talk!  Chit-chat!  Point at everything!  And once I re-orient her, she's fine and goes right back to sleep.

In my mind I think "maybe I should just let her cry herself to sleep, I know now that nothing is truly wrong..."  But then I always think of that book A Million Little Pieces, where the author (who evidently embellished and/or made up a lot of it) basically blames all his life's problems - - and there's a lot of them, he was a total effup - -  on the fact that he had horrible ear infections as a child and had these vague memories of being left to scream in his crib.  (*Sigh* Another Victim in this world)

I am relieved to know her ear infection is clearing up.  But right behind the agony of seeing your child in pain is thinking & wondering if they are scared to death :(

Anyhoo, Friday after the Dr. appointment, she was a happy little babe.  We hit up Target (again, man it's dangerous having it so close to my house, lol!) and I stocked up on a few Easter goodies for my lil bunny:
Easter Basket goods: Bubbles, a bucket, some bunny ears, sidewalk chalk, and some board books.

So this weekend I fully intended to start on this (I realize I am lagging behind the rest of the country on this):

 BUT -- I keep hearing how addicting it is.  And I'm totally the type who will burn through a book in one sitting.  I'm scared I will neglect my child, lol!  And I don't really want to willingly sacrifice sleep at this point.

I was a Good Wife on Saturday night and went with the Hubs to a work function which happened to be a Wine Tasting.  How fun for pregnant me.  But there was free food with LOTS of desserts, so it was alllll good.
Baby #2's first Wine Tasting, lol!  I don't know what happened to my hair.  Let's not talk about it.
 Annnnd, speaking of Baby #2, here's another bump shot at 26-ish weeks.  Pebbles wasn't cooperating...sorry for the blurry cell camera pics.


Baby #1 just likes to ride on Mama's belly All. The. Time.  I don't mind.
Today was Hubs's birthday.  We took it easy, then made a road trip up to Costco.  We live on the edge and get CA-RAZY like that (ha!)  We ended up eating out at TGI Friday's...it wasn't all that good, but at least I didn't have to cook!  Hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. you two are so beautiful it kills me :)

    and you are too cute pregnant

    and sorry to hear about little girl not feeling well....

    AND, I fully intend on starting the hunger games soon too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet!! I STILL haven't started that darn book! Soon...soon.

      Delete
  2. You are gorgeous!! You look fabulous pregnant!! You are such a good wife for going to a wine tasting while preggers... that would have been SO HARD for me but yes you make a good point about the desserts :) I think you have great maternal instincts girl, you are probably hitting the nail right smack on the head with your adorable little one. By the way I love her little straight up pig-tail - how cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look wonderful pregnant. We used to have a Costco and I truly miss it so wish we had one closer than 3 hrs to us :) I do remember around the one year mark we had some times of not sleeping but it didnt take too long to get her to normal sleep patterns.

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thanks for stopping by! I love to read your comments, so feel free to let me know you were here!