I knew I was calling down the thunder, bragging about how we made it to one year without Morgan getting sick.
But I was not at all prepared for this week....
Long story short: Bronchitis (me) + pneumonia (me) + sick one year old + six months pregnant = one very sick and worn out Mama. I went to the ER last night after being sick all week, and showing no improvement. I also started developing a fever yesterday, so I knew that wasn't good. Earlier in the week, I had taken Morgan to her Pediatrician to rule out an ear infection or RSV. While she had neither of those (thank goodness), he did notice "blisters" on the back of her throat. Poor thing was miserable. The dr. said it was viral and to give her Motrin to keep her comfortable.
Luckily, my sister and nephew came for a visit this week. How fun for them to be in a house full of sickies :( They have been a HUGE help to me and allowed me to get some rest too. Morgan has loved having them around as well. I'm hoping I recover enough very soon so that we can do SOMETHING fun while they are here.
I'm just going to rant a bit here since I'm sick & irritable anyways (ha ha, I must be starting to finally feel better!) that I called my OB's office yesterday to see if I could get in and be seen. The receptionist told me "If it's cold like symptoms, he doesn't deal with that - you'll need to call your Primary Care Doc." So I call my Primary Care doc TWICE, leave 2 messages, and NEVER GET A CALL BACK. 12 hours later I'm in the ER with a fever and chills & feeling like I'm on my deathbed. I'm a little disgusted with my healthcare providers right now if you can't tell. In the ER, I kept telling the nurse I was firing my Primary Care doc because I don't like it when boys don't call me back, lol.
So when I crawl out of this sick hole, I will come back to blogging. Until then, rest, fluids, and a Z-pack are my new bff's. And you can thank me later for NOT including any sickie pics, ha ha!
09 March 2012
Sickies
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
About Me
Wife. Mom. RN. Lover of sparkly things.
Follow Me on Instagram: tkremer
My Heart
POPULAR POSTS
-
I'm really trying to make an effort this year for Valentines Day. Morgan is just starting to get really into doing things with me, like...
-
I affectionately dubbed the new house "Cliffgate" the first time we drove up the long, mountainous driveway, and the name stuck. ...
-
I bought new dish soap shortly after we moved into our new house - Mrs. Meyer's Clean Day Lavender, to be exact. I thought "If the...
-
Linking up with Shannon at Life After I Dew for another beloved So What Wednesday! This week, I'm saying So What: If I miss preg...
-
As I continue to grow this precious little bebe inside me, I decided to get on the ball and get some photographs of the nursery taken. Ther...
-
My baby boy is 6 months and some change old. He is an absolute delight . Sleeping through the night; smiling every waking hour (for the m...
-
This is a very sensitive time for me as Morgan came at 31 weeks, 3 days. As in, TOMORROW MORNING. We were not prepared and it was a very...
-
I sent my trainer/friend/cousin's-wife-by-marriage (got all that?) these pictures via text with a message saying " I need to look ...
-
Ever have those times where there's just so much going on inside your head? Ideas, to-do lists, deadlines... I get all fired up and ge...
-
'Tis the eve of my birthday and as posted on Facebook....all I want is to sleep in tomorrow morning, lol. OK, that's not all I want...
BLOG ARCHIVES
-
▼
2012
(179)
-
▼
March
(17)
- High Five for Friday
- Kind of Like a So What
- Full Speed Ahead
- 13 Months and Shenanigans
- Banana Dream Cake
- Another weekend gone too fast
- Summer, is that you?
- One of those days
- A Day of Firsts
- Our Weekend
- Friday Ramblings
- Wordless Wednesday
- The one where I have all the answers
- TEEEEETH
- Sickies
- Monday -- back to the grind
- Florida recap & some 1-year stuff
-
▼
March
(17)
Claire is Born
Joey is Born
Morgan is born
Our Wedding



Hope your household gets to feeling better soon! Its no fun being sick but glad its not RSV that is no fun at all. We just had to go through all that.
ReplyDelete